I will admit, I had never had quinoa until today - shock horror! Anyway, I looked up a few different recipes and sort of came up with my own hybrid recipe. Quinoa does have a strange texture and almost nutty flavor, but I really like it.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14 oz milk (almond, coconut, cow's, soy etc)
- Berries and/or fruit for topping
- Sliced almonds or other nuts
- Maple syrup (or honey, agave, etc)
- Optional add on options; chia seeds, flax seeds etc
- Combine quinoa and milk in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender and milk is absorbed
- Place in a bowl with toppings of your choice
Leftover quinoa will keep in a sealed container for 3-4 days.