Sunday, June 26, 2016

Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

I keep seeing pictures all over Pinterest and Instagram of different types of superfood breakfast bowls. Quinoa continues to pop up as a very popular base, so I figured I'd give it a go.

I will admit, I had never had quinoa until today - shock horror! Anyway, I looked up a few different recipes and sort of came up with my own hybrid recipe. Quinoa does have a strange texture and almost nutty flavor, but I really like it.


Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 14 oz milk (almond, coconut, cow's, soy etc)
  • Berries and/or fruit for topping
  • Sliced almonds or other nuts
  • Maple syrup (or honey, agave, etc)
  • Optional add on options; chia seeds, flax seeds etc

Directions

  • Combine quinoa and milk in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat
  • Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender and milk is absorbed
  • Place in a bowl with toppings of your choice
Leftover quinoa will keep in a sealed container for 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment